Critical Reflection

Module learning

At the start of the, I was unsure what this module expects as I am weak in my writing skill and presentation. In the first class, we were asked to do a survey on my peers. I was alright in socializing but was bad in collect information as I felt alright in my socializing skills. There was an assignment it was to write an introduction formal letter. It makes me think about what I would achieve at the end of the module. I want to able to achieve my writing skills so that I have good writing skills and have fewer grammar mistakes. Next able to do presentations properly so that I have fewer to no stutter.

In this module, there were many times where we are required to be pair up with another random peer in the class to do an activity in the classroom. This gave me more chances to able to socialize with my peer in the classroom this also helps me to see how my peer write. As this module requires me to write it help me to gain more experience in my writing skill. As everyone requires to post their writing on the blog it gave a chance to show my writing skill to peers so that they can give me good feedback on my writing. By reading my peer writing that had been posted on their blogs also help me see how they write so that I can improve on my writing.

At the end of this module, I would use the knowledge and experience to be able to write properly and use it on emails and reports. Having what I learn from this module it will benefit me on my study journey at the Singapore Institute of Technology and my working life in the future.

Project learning

Technical report project had thought me how does to give a successful presentation and write a good report. As I'm am weak in giving a presentation it gave me more chance to speak out in class. This helps me come out of my comfort zone able me to be more confident in speak in front of people. When using PowerPoint slides I have been taught not to have too many words on PowerPoint slides and make the slides to be simple. This helps the audience by getting the main points of the presentation. The next thing is been taught is how to deliver a good pitch to the audience. By slowing down when speaking help me think of what to say and also remove filler words.

Before the module, I put in a long sentence in one point that has lots of information in one PowerPoint slide or having long text in a slide. As I read off from the slide as I thought that will be easier for the audiences to understand the slides. I turned to that having too many words on a slide can overload the audiences with unwanted information and can be confusing to them. For writing proper report I did learn to reference APA style when I was in Polytechnic but when came into this module the APA style had been changed this allow me to relearn the current APA which is the 7th edition.

The main takeaway of this part of this module has allowed me to prepare future report writing and presentation in my study journey at the Singapore Institute of Technology and my working career. This able me to do a proper report that has the current APA style. The takeaway of the presentation is that to make the slide simple and get to the main points as in a working career there may be people who are not engineers.

Lastly, I would like to give my gratitude to prof Brad for the guidance that you have given me for the past 13 weeks helping me with my writing and presentation thank you for reading my reflection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Submission 1: Formal Letter

Design and Summary Analysis Draft 1